Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Desert Run - Days 2 & 3

Full workout details found here.

I cannot communicate in words how much I have loved the past three days in the desert.   The mornings have been absolutely fantastic.   A little crisp to start, but the smell of desert blossoms in the air and the sun rises have been a treat!   Fort Worth is great, but this holds a special place in my heart.    

I had a hard time keeping the pace down both days and in fact, today ended up being 7:59 average pace for just over 7 miles...good effort but, so rewarding!

On to the Boston recaps:

As always, I love reading race reports.  Most that I read can be found over at FastRunningBlog.com.  There you will find Jake Krong's who finished 23rd and 8th American, along with many others that will be inspirational.  It was a very, very tough day but there were a few really good performances - Jeff Shadley from Idaho and Teena Jensen from Utah....hers had some really useful information for trying to stay cool.  

I am now on my way home!  I have missed my kids and family terribly and I do not get much time with the before I go OKC tomorrow and Reno on Friday.  So I will go home, drink it all in and be back at the airport bright and early.   

Happy Running!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment