Monday, April 16, 2012

Desert Run, Day 1

Detailed Workout found here

I am in Phoenix for a conference for a few days and as I landed yesterday, I was quickly reminded how much I miss the desert and how much I miss St. George.   I was up early to run and I love that the sun rises early here!  In Texas, I do not see the sunrise during my runs...just in the dark, day after day.   I had planned for a an easy run, which is normal for a Monday, but felt great and ended up picking up the pace for miles 5-8.  

The rest of the day was spent in meetings, listening to people discuss the future of Healthcare, ACOs, Compliance & HIPAA.  I normally love coming to these conferences but today has not lived up to my expectations.  The first speaker was good, but from there it dragged on.   

They fed us lunch which was very nice, but it was soup and salad.   The hotel is a Spa/Resort, so they pride themselves on clean eating.   I was convinced my body was going to go into shock from the lack of sugar, so I made my way to the coffee shop, had a Kit-Kat & Diet Coke.  I then ran into a colleague and he wanted some ice cream, so a baby serving of Hagan Daas Carmel Cone was added on... (I did feel somewhat guilty for cheating on Blue Bell, but there was none to be had).   They ended up serving absolutely delicious Peanut Butter cookies during the break and after eating two of those, my sugar intake was back to normal and my body might not revolt.  

I am now sitting in my hotel room, anxious to read all the Boston Reports and see how they fared with the crazy weather.    Interesting to note the difference from last year to this year and a 9 min differential in the winning times.   Just goes to show the impact weather has on running and that no two races will ever be the same.  Each is unique and we are to find the joy in each one.  

Happy Monday, Happy Running and Congrats to everyone who ran Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment