Friday, April 20, 2012

Rest Day & Lightening

I returned home late Wednesday and had an early flight to OKC, so I knew running would be out - 3 hours of sleep doesn't quite cut it.   I headed to the airport, got stuck in traffic, worried about missing my flight all to get there and find out that the flight was delayed.  It was further delayed, to the point I was going to miss my meeting and so I drove back to the office.   Nothing like 5 hours of your life being sucked away from you!  This is when I miss living 15 min from the airport.   

Best part of Thursdays are coaching Camdyn's volleyball team - The Clementines rock!  Super cute girls that are just learning the sport.  Last night's practice went so well and I am really sad I am going to miss them play on Saturday.

On to the lightening

I had planned on running 10 with Annette this morning but woke up about and hour early to thunder and lightening.  It took me 5 minutes to come to my senses and realize that is what the flashing lights were.....yes, I am tired.  Lightening is the one element I will not run in.  I actually used to, until one of the girls I run with told me about someone who was struck by lightening and killed while running....that was the end.   Our electrical storms here in Texas can be pretty impressive....translation-not safe at all.  

So here I am at 5 am working (and a little blogging while I am waiting for a report to generate) and getting very excited to head to Reno with Izzie's volleyball team for the NQ tournament.  I hate Reno..very sorry, but I am excited for three days of volleyball and one on one time with her.  

I am hoping to get out soon if the lightening stops and if not, possibly tonight in the very lovely town of Reno.

No comments:

Post a Comment